|Rules & Regs ---> Arena Polo Rules ---> Handicaps
- A player’s handicap is based on a game of four 61/2 minute periods. The
aggregate handicaps of the players of each team shall constitute the team
- In all matches played under handicap conditions the higher handicapped
team shall concede to the lower handicapped team the difference in the
handicaps multiplied by two. Mistakes in handicaps, or in computing goal
allowances, must be challenged before a match begins, and no objection can
be entertained afterwards.
- The aggregate handicap of a team must fall within the limits specified for
an event. No team whose handicap is higher or lower than the specified
limits shall be permitted to participate, except if the handicap of a player is
adjusted mid-season. (Note 18).
- Players not handicapped by the Arena Handicap Committee must play off
their outdoor handicaps plus 1 goal.
- . Players not on the current arena handicap list, but who have been
handicapped in the past and who wish to play again, must restart on the
higher of their old handicaps or outdoor handicaps (plus 1).
- Players recommended to go to 6 goals or above should be seen playing in
recognised tournaments before their handicap can be raised.